I recently had the pleasure of spending 10 days in Bali. It was my second time there, but the first time I went I didn’t really get to enjoy it as much as I wanted to, and visited different areas.
This trip was all about the food. Make no mistake, Bali has amazing food on offer, and I ate a lot of good food. If you’re more of a visual person here’s a video I made with features a lot of beautiful food.
- Strawberry Fields – nice for a relaxing breakfast/brunch. You’ll find very typical brunch foods similar to London. I had the avocado and eggs along with a smoothie bowl. It’s an ideal place for Instagramming your food
- Peloton Supershop – probably my favourite place I ate in Bali. Not only was the food seriously good, the atmosphere was lovely, and the service was impeccable. I would have eaten here almost every day if I could!
- Shady Shack – such a cool place to eat. The food was seriously good, and even though it says no changes on the menu, you can make little tweaks (but you didn’t hear that from me, shh!). Seriously tasty smoothies too.
- Watercress Café – really nice atmosphere, but limited veggie options. What veggie options were there we not the best, but it’s a good place to visit if you’re trying to cater for a variety of dietary preferences.
- Sundays Beach Club – little on the expensive side but you pay for the location. I had a salad and a smoothie bowl and it completely filled me up as the smoothie bowl was made with oats – so filling! They also had fresh coconuts on display, so obviously I borrowed one.
- Coco and Poke – poke to rival the bowls I’ve had in London! Love the build-your-own concept, and the lime soy sesame dressing is to die for!
- Nalu Bowls – awesome smoothie bowls that are beautifully decorated (apart from the green one, that one isn’t so pretty unless you pay for extra toppings). They’re in Uluwatu, Seminyak, and Canggu.
- Cashew Tree – we had takeaway from here most evenings when we were too lazy to go out. Really nice variety of food.
- Earth Café – food is good, but service can be painfully slow. Don’t go if you’re in a rush, and don’t order anything customised as they’ll probably get it wrong. I had the dragon bowl and it was so good, almost everyone else was disappointed as they messed up the order a lot.
- Barbacoa – a tapas restaurant with amazing food, but average cocktails. Ideal if you want to go with a group of people and share lots of dishes.
- Potato Head Beach Club – good fun, lots of Australians, cocktails are pretty ok too. I think they do food but it’s no place for a meal with easy conversation, as the music is pretty loud!
- Divine Earth Bali – raw and cooked vegan options. Smoothies are seriously good, food is quite good too. Desserts not really my thing as I don’t like raw desserts very much. The one I had just tasted like dates and coconut oil.
- Café Organic – good food but small portions. Really beautiful food though so ideal for Instagramming! Also, if you want something really cool order the taro coffee, it’s purple! (image)