Oh pancakes, I don’t know how anyone lives without them! They’re so fluffy and thick and delicious. Although not so good that you should eat them every day of course 😉 Mint and chocolate are a match made in heaven and just belong together, so when you bite into these you get a kick of peppermint followed by the indulgent cacao for an explosion of flavour in your mouth!
Serves: 1, makes around 6 pancakes
1 cup almond milk (or any plant milk)
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp ground flaxseed + 9 tbsp water
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp raw cacao (or cocoa powder)
1/2 tsp peppermint extract/essence
What to do:
- Mix the lemon juice and almond milk and set aside for around 15 minutes to curdle slightly (this makes the pancakes extra fluffy)
- Mix the flaxseed and water and leave for 15 minutes to thicken, stirring occasionally
- Mix the dry ingredients into a bowl
- Add the flaxseed mixture, peppermint, and milk and stir until combined
- Heat around 1/4 tsp of coconut oil in a pan on quite low heat, then add around 2-3 tbsp of the pancake mixture once melted
- When bubbles form on the top and it doesn’t wobble very much flip the pancake and cook for about 1-2 minutes on the other side (depending on the heat)
- Repeat this until you have a delicious stack of pancakes!
I served mine with some homemade blueberry jam and fresh strawberries from the garden!