I had a feeling that when I posted these on Instagram it might cause a bit of excitement! Just because I’m sadly now working on Sundays does not mean I’m willing to miss out on a delicious tall stack of pancakes for breakfast! I genuinely get up an hour earlier just to make them. And honestly, it’s totally worth it! These are super decadent, super fluffy, and super delicious! The triple chocolate comes from:
- Rebel Kitchen Chocolate Mylk
- Raw cacao powder
- Raw cacao nibs
Oh and as if that wasn’t enough I also made a raw chocolate sauce to go on top! Cacao perfection! If you don’t have any chocolate mylk to hand don’t worry, you’ll still have double chocolate chip pancakes which is still pretty damn awesome.
Serves: 1-2, makes around 6 or 7 small pancakes
2 tbsp flaxseed + 8 tbsp Rebel Kitchen chocolate mylk (or any other plant milk you like)
70g buckwheat flour (or any other gluten-free/regular flour of choice)
1/2 cup Rebel Kitchen chocolate mylk (use any milk if you don’t have this)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp raw cacao
1-2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
What to do:
- Mix the flaxseed and mylk and leave for 15 minutes, or ideally overnight in the fridge to form a pudding
- Add the flax and all the ingredients (apart from the cacao nibs) to a blender and blend on high speed until the chia seeds are all ground up and the mixture is smooth
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cacao nibs
- Heat a small pan on low-medium heat and add 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- Add around 2 tbsp of pancake mixture to the pan and form a small circle
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, then when ready flip it over gently and cook on the other side for a further minute or so
- Repeat and stack them high!
To make a chocolate sauce just mix some cacao powder with liquid sweetener (I use rice malt syrup) and pour it on top! In the photo I also added some strawberry compote, blueberries, and raspberries. I definitely recommend adding something fresh to counterbalance all that chocolate!