The only thing better than chocolate cake is chocolate cake that’s melted slightly in the middle. And the only thing that’s better than that is a molten lava cake that has nut butter inside. So yeah, you’re welcome.
This molten lava cake recipe is designed for one person, but can easily be scaled up to as many people as needed. From start to finish you only need 30 minutes!
50g dark chocolate
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 heaped tsp plain flour
1 heaped tsp nut butter
cocoa powder for dusting
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter together, either in the microwave or by placing in a bowl over hot water
- Lightly grease a small mould, ramekin, or even an oven-safe mug, and dust with cocoa powder
- Mix in the egg and sugar, then fold through the flour until just combined
- Pour some mixture into the mould until it reaches halfway
- Add the nut butter into the middle, then fill up with more chocolate mixture until it reaches 3/4 of the way to the top
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes, or until the top springs back gently
- Serve immediately!