I’m sure you’re experiencing pumpkin overload by now, but a cocktail?! Hear me out on this one. I love pumpkin in salads and anything savoury in general, but am much more skeptical of combining it with anything sweet – in my eyes 99% of sweet potato brownies are considerably inferior to regular brownies.
I love a good cocktail at the weekend, and have my own kit at home to experiment with. Seeing as I rarely make desserts I decided to jump on the pumpkin trend Pixie-style. Best served in a pumpkin, of course.
50mL coffee liquor (e.g. kahlua)
50mL milk of choice
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
A few drops of vanilla essence (or just use vanilla vodka instead if you have it)
Cinnamon sticks for garnish
What to do:
- Cube the pumpkin, then steam or microwave until soft
- Place in a blender along with the rest of the ingredients (not the ice cubes)
- Blend until smooth
- Place ice cubes in a cocktail shaker, then pour in the liquid and shake until cold
- Alternatively if you don’t have one just stir in a tall glass with plenty of ice
- Serve in a pumpkin or strain into a martini glass
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks
If you liked this you might also enjoy this strawberry gin cocktail.