This is one epic breakfast inspired by that classic combination that is PB & jelly. Except I’ve made it breakfast-worthy and healthier by having a bottom layer of creamy peanut butter oats (or zoats) and a top layer of berry banana ice cream. Truly a breakfast of champions, and ready in just a couple of minutes.
Serves: 1 hungry individual
30g oats + 50g finely grated courgette/zucchini (or just use 50g oats)
200mL almond milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp Natvia sweetener (or use coconut sugar/other sweetener)
1 heaped tbsp peanut butter (both smooth and crunchy work well)
1 ripe banana, fresh or frozen
100g frozen berries (blueberry and strawberry work best)
Fresh strawberries and granola to garnish
What to do:
- Add all the ingredients for the oats/zoats into a pot and cook down for 5 minutes or so until it reaches a super creamy consistency
- Add the banana and frozen berries to a blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a strong blender try adding a little liquid to help it along.
- Spoon the oats into the bottom of your jar
- Add some strawberry halves to the sides
- Spoon the ice cream on top, piling it up as high as you like
- Sprinkle granola on top for an impressive finish
This recipe post was sponsored by Natvia. As always all opinions and content remain my own.