This used to be a recipe of zoats, but has now been changed to oats because:
- Who can be arsed to grate courgette in the morning
- I don’t endorse “volume eating” to reduce your calorie intake
- Your bowl of oats is more nutritious with more oats instead of reducing oats and adding courgette
I like to vary the flavour of my oats to feature many different colours! Today I thought I would start with my absolute favourite flavour: cinnamon and cacao, for a delicious chocolaty breakfast that tastes like dessert.
100mL milk + 150mL water, or 250mL plant milk, or 250mL water
1 scant tsp cinnamon
1 rounded tsp raw cacao (can substitute cocoa powder)
Toppings of choice
What to do:
- Mix the oats, milk, water, and cinnamon in a bowl
- Leave overnight in the fridge for the oats to soak up the liquid
- Alternatively mix the ingredients in a pot and cook on medium heat for around five minutes until thick and creamy
- Finally when ready mix in the raw cacao and add your favourite toppings
Simple! And it only takes 5 minutes to prepare the night before so you can have a relaxing start to the day with a bowl of nourishing goodness, with no stress or rush!