I know it’s Easter Sunday and you’re probably expecting some super decadent ‘healthified’ chocolatey recipe but I’m afraid I have to disappoint! For some reason the Easter spirit hasn’t really kicked in for me (although I can’t deny I’ve been enjoying the excuse to eat more chocolate) so it’s another savoury recipe from me!
My life is pretty busy at the moment. So quick, easy meals are exactly what I need, and I know a lot of you do too! This meal only takes 15 minutes whilst being super delicious with 4 portions of vegetables – what more could you want? I very rarely eat pasta to be honest, but I don’t see anything wrong with enjoying high carb meals like this! Carbs are great!
70g dry pasta
100g asparagus tips
100g chestnut mushrooms
8 plum tomatoes
1/2 avocado (around 75g)
1 tbsp basil pesto
Salt and pepper
What to do:
- Boil a pot of water, then add the pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes
- Cut the asparagus tips into thirds, and the mushrooms into quarters
- Add these to a small frying pan with a little water and cook gently
- Cut the plum tomatoes in half and set aside
- Mash up the avocado and mix it with the pesto, add salt and pepper to taste
- When the pasta is ready, drain is and mix it with the avocado pesto, then mix in the vegetables, and enjoy!