I’ll admit I’m not a massive peanut butter fan – almond butter is usually my choice – but sometimes even I can’t deny that peanut butter works best. Personally I prefer it in baked goods or in porridge rather than by itself. Having said that, these breakfast bars work really well with any kind of nut butter, and are best eaten with extra nut butter spread on top.
I’ve used Natvia sweetener in these to keep the sugar content nice and low, so you won’t get a sugar high and crash from these at all!
Makes: 12 squares
100mL almond milk
100g apple, diced
1 tbsp cinnamon
50g Natvia sweetener (or use coconut sugar)
3 tbsp peanut butter
What do to:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a small baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Mix together the oats, cinnamon, and almond milk
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir, adding extra almond milk if needed to help it stick
Spoon the mixture onto the baking tray and spread it out to no thinner than 1-2cm thick
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- Leave to cool down for at least 10 minutes before slicing into squares to avoid them falling apart
This recipe post was sponsored by Natvia. As always all opinions and content remain my own.